I know that the header states that this post’s title is “God Really Meant “ALL” – Part 5″ but, in all actuality, it is really “God Really Meant “ALL” – Part 4b”. Here’s the reason. Because of my self-imposed word count limitations, as I began to type the final portion of teaching in the Part 4 post, I knew that I would never be able to squeeze the third point into just four or five sentences. So, I shared just a few sentences and promised to pick up the teaching in the next blog post.
Let me remind you of the final words that I shared in what I am calling Part 4a …
This heavenly Helper gives the advantage to ALL. Jesus told His followers that it would be expedient (to their advantage) for Him to return to heaven and send the Holy Spirit. (John 16:7) (I’m feeling another one of those “glory jee to Besus” moments coming on me.) We ALL need this advantage. He is …
As promised, I am picking up where I left off with Part 4b (A.K.A. Part 5).
… THE ADVANTAGE-TO-THE-MAX HOLY SPIRIT!!!
It doesn’t take too much scripture reading to see how the outpouring of the Holy Spirit radically changed the lives of Jesus’ followers. The once fearful, hiding disciples (John 20:19) were baptized in the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:4) and then literally turned their world upside down (Acts 17:6) as they enjoyed the advantages of this Spirit baptism.
Here is where I get excited. This advantage-to-the-max Holy Spirit hasn’t changed one iota since the Book of Acts days. He is still in the advantage distribution business.
Let me share just a few of the many advantages provided to ALL who are filled with the Holy Spirit. The advantage-to-the-max Holy Spirit enables us to …
- Supersize our inner man. (Jude 20; 1 Corinthians 14:4)
- Have a means to supernaturally communicate with God. (1 Corinthians 14:2,14)
- Receive a new wardrobe. (Luke 24:49)
- Download heavenly dynamite (Greek – dunamis) power to impact our world. (Acts 1:8)
- Gain heaven’s insider secrets. (John 16:13)
- Expect the unexpected. (Acts 2:1-4; 4:31; 10:44; 16:26)
- Transcend beyond the limits of the natural and move into the limitless supernatural. (Acts 2:16-18)
- Escape praying with biases and limited understanding. (Romans 8:26-27; 1 Corinthians 14:14)
- Walk in a newfound boldness. (Acts 4:31)
- Bask in righteousness, peace, and joy. (Acts 13:52; Romans 14:17)
- Experience new, never-done-it-this-way-before ministry. (Acts 11:1-18)
- Turn the “praise magnifier” up to a new level. (Acts 10:46)
- Become a Book of Acts replicator. (2 Corinthians 3:5-8)
Can I ask you one simple question? Who in their right mind would want to miss out on these and the many other benefits that are readily available for ALL (each and every) believers? You will agree with me that the importance of these benefits can’t be overestimated.
In the next and final post in this series, I will share how that you can be one of the ALL who are filled to overflowing with God’s Holy Spirit. Until the next time that we connect through the blog, be bountifully blessed!