Did I amaze you in the last blog post with my concept that God loves IKEA? After reading that post, you will have to agree with me. God loves assembling. We see this when we read …
“Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together,
as the manner of some is …”
I am so excited about today’s blog post because I get to share the supernatural benefits that are gained when we as believers assemble. I’m calling these benefits “insider secrets”.
We Assemble Because YOU Need the Church
- Insider Secret #1. You are reminded that you a part of something that is bigger than yourself. Here’s a reality. After facing life alone throughout the week, it is easy to succumb to Satan’s lies that tell you that life’s challenges are more than you can bear. After all, life can be overwhelming, right? But, when you walk into a gathering of fellow believers, you can recognize that you are part of the Body of Christ. You aren’t alone. Connected you can do anything. Separated, you will do little. Learning this “secret” is supernatural.
- Insider Secret #2. Assembling opens the door for you to intensify your passion for Christ. There is something supernatural that happens in worship and prayer when you connect with others with the same passion and heartbeat. Simply put, you fan the flames of your passion through this divine connection. Your worship crescendos and prayers intensify as hearts link together in a corporate gathering. Learning this “secret” is supernatural.
- Insider Secret #3. You need this family reunion. The church body is a family for your family. It is important … no, it is critical that your children connect with other boys and girls who love Jesus as they do. Your teenager’s closest friends should be teenagers in their youth ministry who are strong disciples of Christ. There are no words to describe the immense value of ladies consistently connecting with ladies and men with men. The “assembling of ourselves together” (Hebrews 10:25) is a regular, consistent (not occasional) heavenly family reunion. Learning this “secret” is supernatural.
We Assemble Because the CHURCH Needs You
- Insider Secret #4. Without you, God’s local Body is incomplete. Paul wrote the Ephesians and stated that you are essential, needed to form the Body of Christ. (Ephesians 4:16) With you, the “whole body is fitly joined together”. Without you, the Body is disjointed. Learning this “secret” is supernatural.
- Insider Secret #5. You grow the Body. Pardon the simplicity of this thought. You up the wattage of His local Body’s darkness-penetrating light. Connected, the light of the gospel will burn brighter and stronger and “add to the church daily” (Acts 2:47). Learning this “secret” is supernatural.
We Assemble Because the WORLD Needs the Assembled Church
- Insider Secret #6. Together, the assembled believers have what the world needs. The indwelling Holy Spirit has been sent to enable every member of your local assembly (this includes you) to boldly say, “… such as I have give I thee …” (Acts 3:6) to “turn the world upside down” (Acts 17:6). Learning this “secret” is supernatural.
I have one more thought to share about “assembly required”. In the fourth and final post in this series, I want to briefly address some of the excuses that people pose for not assembling together.