If you’re looking for something to read that is lengthy, you will want to skip this post. This is definitely a few-words-are-needed teaching.
Consider Jesus’ words about the gift of the Holy Spirit.
“If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children;
how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit
to them that ask Him?” Luke 11:13
Here are six insights that Jesus packed into His thirty words.
- God is the ULTIMATE gift giver. (God knows how to give gifts.)
- God LOVES to give His gift. (He is in the “how much more” business.)
- God’s gift is BEYOND good. (The recipient will never be disappointed with His gift.)
- The Holy Spirit is a gift from the FATHER. (There is no question about the origin of this gift. The “from” on the gift reads “Your Heavenly Father” and the “to” reads “your name”.)
- The gift of the Holy Spirit is EXCLUSIVELY for God’s children. (“Your heavenly Father” shows the relationship needed to receive this gift.)
- The gift is given to God’s children that ASK. (It’s simple. No ask, no receive.)
Simple? Yes. Powerful? Very. Needed as a personal reminder? Most definitely. Should be preached/taught on a regular basis to our children/youth/congregations? The answer is obvious. What are you waiting for? Do it!