In a day when what can be shaken is being shaken and it is so evident that we are not fighting against flesh and blood, but ” … against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places” (Ephesians 6:12), I have great news for you. God has not left you defenseless.
For those of you in the heat of the battle in your personal life or family or ministry or job and it seems as though all of hell has broken loose, let me remind you about your weapons.
- We have been given the Name that is above every name. At the mention of the name of Jesus, “… every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” (Philippians 2:9-11)
- We have been given His Word. The Psalmist David tells us that God has “… magnified thy word above all thy name.” (Psalm 138:2) This Word is “… quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword …”. (Hebrews 4:12)
- We have been given the blood of Jesus. His blood continually “… cleanseth us from all sin” (1 John 1:7) and allows us to boldly “… enter into the holiest …” (Hebrews 10:19). In the heat of battle,”They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb …” (Revelation 12:11)
- We have been given angels. “For He will command His angels in regard to you, to protect and defend and guard you in all your ways [of obedience and service].” (Psalm 91:11, Amplified Bible)
- We have been given God’s blessed Holy Spirit. “And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever”. (John 14:16). “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you …” (Acts 1:8)
All of hell might be raging right now. Hope may seem all but gone. But, you can’t be shaken. Victory is guaranteed as you unwaveringly “… stand strong in the Lord …” (Ephesians 6:10) and use these weapons that are “… mighty through God. …” (2 Corinthians 10:14). “But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” (1 Corinthians 15:57) Hallelujah!!!
In the last few weeks a song that I haven’t heard in a bit came to my mind and it plays on a loop :) …Jehovah Jireh my provider, His grace is sufficient for me. My God shall supply all my needs according to His riches and glory. He shall give His angels charge over me, Jehovah Jireh cares for me. I thank you for your message and reminder.