Are you one of those brave individuals who have used internet sites like ancestory.com to learn more about your genealogical roots and DNA? I haven’t. I’m a little fearful to learn that the stories about my ancestors were the products of good imaginations. Come on, you know exactly what I’m talking about. Down deep in your heart, you are quite certain that the stories of you being a direct descendant of Geronimo AND George Washington AND Albert Einstein just can’t be true. Sometimes, finding the truth about your roots can be quite surprising and/or disappointing!
In this and the next two Billy Burns Ministries blog posts, I have some really good news for you. Under a careful, thorough probe using the spiritual microscope of the Word of God, the results of your spiritual DNA test are in. To put your mind at ease, the test is 100% accurate and allows for a zero percent margin of error. The report’s results trace back in history to show how today’s Church (that’s you!) originated and became THE Church on the Day of Pentecost. And, taking it a step further, the results show what made the original members be THE Church.
Do you want to know the results? Are you brave enough to absolutely and positively know your roots and what is in your DNA? (A printed report can be found in your Bible in the Books of Acts.)
Here is the origin of the New Testament Church and the actions of the Holy Spirit in its believers.
- The Church was 100% born of and filled with the Holy Spirit. Acts 1:4-5; Acts 2:1-4
- Salvations and more salvations! The Lord continually added multitudes to the Church. Acts 2:47, Acts 4:5, Acts 5:14
- The movement of the Holy Spirit was unpredictable. Acts 2:1-4, Acts 10:44, Acts 16:26
- The movement of the Holy Spirit needed explanation. Acts 2:12-18
- The Holy Spirit enabled formerly timid believers to boldly proclaim God’s message. Acts 2:14
- Believers were filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke in other tongues. Acts 2:4, Acts 10:46, Acts 19:6
- Morning, midday, and midnight, the Holy Spirit made His presence known. Acts 2:14, Acts 3:1, Acts 16:25
- Society didn’t impact the Church. The Church impacted society. Acts 17:6
- There was no mistaking when the Holy Spirit showed up! Acts 4:31
- The Holy Spirit added a whole new dimension to worship. Acts 10:46
There’s more to come in the upcoming blog posts. In the meantime, now that you know your roots, BE the Church.