In writing the last blog post, I immediately knew that a follow-up post or two would be needed to provide additional Holy Spirit Chewables. Why? It’s because I only shared five chewables in that post. Why only five? Because I know humans because I are one. (Bad grammar. Good point.) The longer the list of items, the more apt we are to race through them, check them off as being read, and then move on to the next task on their to-do list. Am I right? Come on, be honest.
In this post, I am adding five more Holy Spirit Chewables. Consider each one to be your daily spiritual multivitamin. Each day during your devotion time, take one Holy Spirit Chewable and literally chew or meditate on it until it gets down inside of your spirit. Through these, I believe that you will find a newness and freshness in your relationship with the Holy Spirit.
Here are several more spiritual multivitamins.
- The Holy Spirit is a Person … not a tongue, fire, dove, wind, or mystical force. In John 14 through 16, Jesus used a personal pronoun 19 times when speaking of the Holy Spirit to emphasize this reality. He is KNOWABLE and RELATIONAL.
- Prior to the Holy Spirit’s descent upon Jesus, Jesus did absolutely no supernatural ministry. There were no healings, miracles, or anointed preaching. If Jesus was dependent upon the Holy Spirit, how much more should we depend upon Him!
- When the Holy Spirit manifested His presence throughout the Book of Acts, an explanation was always needed to clarify what had transpired. If there is nothing to explain today in your services, you might question if He is present and/or restrained.
- If we are filled with the Holy Spirit, the things that grieve the Holy Spirit will also grieve us.
- It pays to be in the right place with the right people for an outpouring of the Holy Spirit. (Acts 2:1)
There’s more to come in the next blog post.