Back when I first started in ministry, it was a common thing when officiating a wedding to include the sentence “If there be anyone here who would object to the joining of this man to this woman to become husband and wife in holy matrimony, let them speak now or forever hold their peace.” After saying those words, there would be an eerie, awkward silence as the minister provided an opportunity for those attending the ceremony to voice the two simple words “I OBJECT” to stop the impending marriage. After a time of silence, with no objection being raised, the wedding would then proceed and the bride and groom would become a married couple.
I’ll be honest and say that it is so, so easy to just sit back, hold my peace, and quietly watch the situation unfold. I can speak from experience when I write that it is easy to have a (ready for some Doris Day?) “que será, será, whatever will be will be” mentality that will allow the situation to continue unchallenged. But, those who see God’s power manifested aren’t silent people. They are talkers. I’ll say it again. They are TALKERS that recognize that the Word of God coming from their open mouth will launch the supernatural power into motion.
Is there a scriptural foundation for this statement? Yes. Take a few minutes to read and then meditate on Job 22:28 and Mark 11:23. In reading these verses, did you take note of the words “declare” and “say”? There is a connecting of a faith-filled heart with the Word-empowered, Holy Spirit-led declarations from the mouth that will cause the “be established unto you” and “he shall have whatsoever he sayeth” to manifest.
Here’s an example of applying the Holy Spirit’s directive. For the individual who has a child running from God, the Holy Spirit wants you to know that it is time to boldly, authoritatively, consistently TALK (declare, speak up, use your voice) God’s Word over your child. At every opportunity, open your mouth to say … (Place your child’s name in the ______________.)
* Heavenly Father, Your Word says in Acts 16:31 that “my household shall be saved”. And ______________ is a part of my household. Because You promised household salvation, I declare _____________ SHALL be saved.
* Jesus, the shedding of Your precious blood wasn’t for a select few. John 3:16 uses the words “whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish”. _____________ is a whosoever and _____________ SHALL NOT perish but WILL have eternal life.
* Father, the prophet Joel wrote in Joel 2:28 that You said that “your sons and daughters shall prophesy”. Based upon Your integrity, _____________ SHALL prophesy (speak for You) because _____________ WILL be filled to overflowing with Your Spirit.
* Satan, it’s your turn to hear my voice. I’ll speak it loud to ensure that you clearly hear every single word that I am about to declare. I OBJECT. I’ll say it again. I OBJECT to your actions. In Isaiah 44:3, God said that “I shall pour out my Spirit upon thy children”. God’s “thy children” includes “my children”. God said, “I SHALL”. There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. So, you need to take your hands off of _____________. GO! This is the day for _____________ to be free from your tyranny.
* Now, I will speak to myself. Self, I declare that I believe God. There is no wavering. Self, I believe what God has said about _____________. I declare that _____________ WILL have their name written in the Lamb’s Book of Life. They will be born again, redeemed, on fire for God, fiilled with the Holy Spirit, and do exploits for the Kingdom. Self, did you hear what I just said? Well then, amen and amen!
We can take this to the bank. Heaven is hearing and responding, hell is hearing and trembling as we boldly, confidently declare God’s unchanging, all-powerful Word. Remember, “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony.” Revelation 12:11. Our days of being silent are over. It’s talking time. This is the beginning of our supernatural Word-spoken, faith-activated miracle!