Did you enjoy From My Files – Smith Wigglesworth – Part 1? As I mentioned in that post, there are just too many powerful quotations about the Holy Spirit to squeeze into one blog post. So, as promised, here are a few more powerful quotations from the teachings/preachings of this mighty man of faith.
THE QUOTES ADDED TO MY FILES:
- It is impossible to overestimate the importance of being filled with the Spirit.
- Wherever the Holy Ghost has right of way, the gifts of the Spirit will be in manifestation; and where these gifts are never in manifestation, I question whether He is present.
- It is a luxury to be filled with the Spirit, and at the same time it is a divine command for us, not to be filled with wine wherein is excess, but to be filled with the Spirit.
- In me is working a power stronger than any other power; Christ, the power of God, formed within me. I can see why we need to be clothed upon from above, for the life that is in me is a thousand times bigger than I am outside.
- We can never fully understand the wonders of this redemption until we are full of the Holy Ghost.
- The most important thing, the one thing that counts, is to see that we are filled with the Holy Spirit, filled to overflowing. Anything less than this is displeasing to God. We are commanded by God to be filled with His Spirit, and in the measure that you fail of this, you are far short of the plan of God.
- No Pentecostal person ought to get out of bed without being lost in the Spirit and speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
- Pentecostal people are not satisfied with non-Pentecostal meetings. We want none of the entertainment that some of the churches are offering. When God comes in, He entertains us Himself. Entertained by the King of kings and Lord of lords!
- The Holy Spirit is the One who magnifies the Lord Jesus Christ, the One gives illumination of Him.
- Receive and continue in the fullness of the Holy Ghost, and He will be ever revealing to you that all you need for all times is in Christ Jesus your Lord.
- I see everything a failure except that which is done in the Spirit. But as you live in the Spirit, you move, act, eat, drink, and do everything to the glory of God. Our message is always this, “Be filled with the Spirit”. This is God’s place for you, and it is as far above the natural life as the heavens are above the earth. Yield yourselves for God to fill.
- We are filled with the Spirit in order that we may magnify the Lord, and there should be no meeting in which the saints do not glorify, magnify, praise, and worship the Lord in Spirit and in truth.
THE QUOTES SOURCE: These quotes are taken from Wigglesworth’s Ever Increasing Faith (Springfield, MO: Gospel Publishing House, 1972).