Trying to share everything that I wanted to share in the last blog post was like trying to squeeze a size 38 waist into a size 32 pair of jeans…it takes a lot of painful maneuvering to make it happen. Believe me, it ain’t a pretty sight to behold! Rather than perform those painful contortion movements on my computer on the last post, I chose to share just a few of my reasons telling why an increased dependency on the Holy Spirit is so critically important in the upcoming months. Here are a few more of my reasons.
6. His abiding presence enables me to walk in joy independent of my circumstances.
“For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.” Romans 14:17
7. This divine relationship frees me from a life of boredom because the Holy Spirit is FULL of surprises.
“And suddenly there came a sound from heaven…” (Acts 2:2) and “While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.” (Acts 10:44)
8. This dependency intensifies my worship of Jesus.
“He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.” (John 16:14) and “For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God.” (Acts 10:46)
9. Daily communion with the Holy Spirit eliminates my confusion and uncertainty as truth is revealed and guidance is provided.
“Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth…” (John 16:13)
10. He is my crowd gatherer to help propagate the gospel.
“Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together…” (Acts 2:6)
Okay. Enough squirming and massive inhaling to try to squeeze into my self-imposed blog limitations. This post’s list should provide more than enough to meditate upon for a few days. I’ll pause for now and share five more reasons in the next post.