My personal prayer for 2022 is that I will become more and more dependent upon the Holy Spirit and less and less upon my strengths, talents, and abilities. Here are just a few reasons why this increased dependency is so critically important.
- My natural strengths, talents, and abilities are no match against the combative, destructive, supernatural powers of my spiritual enemies.
“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places .” Ephesians 6:12
- God’s formula for my life is wrapped up in my being dependent upon “but by my Spirit”.
“…Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.” Zechariah 4:6
- My dependency on the Holy Spirit enables me to powerfully communicate with heaven without any limitations.
“Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.” Romans 8:26
- This supernatural Holy Spirit dependency launches prayers that are 100% in line with God’s perfect will.
“And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.” Romans 8:27
- This total dependency upon the Holy Spirit enables me to utter the divine secrets of heaven.
“For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.” 1 Corinthians 14:2
There are many more reasons why this dependency on the Holy Spirit is a must for 2022. I could lay them out in one very, very long blog post but the length would cause you to just quickly glance at each reason and then move on to the next without much if any thought. I challenge you for the next few days, meditate upon and ponder these five reasons and allow them to grow within your spirit..
I will be back in the next post with five more reasons showing why my dependency upon the Holy Spirit must increase in the upcoming days, weeks, and months.