To the delight of some parents and the remorse of others, the start of the new school year is just days/weeks away. For the next few months, life will definitely be different! Crazy morning schedules to get the children out of bed, fed, dressed, and on their way to school followed by the daily after-school sports practices, repeated reminders to complete the homework, baths, and early bedtimes – I’m tired just thinking about your upcoming daily routines.
I know that you have compiled your back-to-school preparation to-do list with:
* Purchase school supplies
* Find the cool trending backpacks and lunch boxes
* Secure new school uniforms to replace last year’s outgrown uniforms
* Schedule the required medical check-ups
As important as each of these items might be, have you considered the most important preparation? Have you considered spiritually preparing your child for the new school year? As our children begin school, they will enter one of America’s greatest spiritual war zones. Askew curriculums, peer pressure, and political agendas will present enormous spiritual battles that can’t be dealt with by natural weaponry. If there has EVER been a day for Spirit-filled, Spirit-empowered children, it is NOW!
This post isn’t an accident. This morning, I heard this in my spirit…It is FAR better to PREPARE than to have to REPAIR. I felt urged to challenge you to have a Holy Spirit Boot Camp in the immediate days to come. Following are some suggestions about what to cover at home in several nightly devotions or at church in multiple weekly ministry lessons.
* We are in a battle (Ephesians 6:10-12) with an enemy that is the #1 liar of all time (John 8:44), thief (John 10:10), mind-blinder (2 Corinthians 4:4), and deceiver (Revelation 12:9 and 20:8). Satan is strategic in his warfare!
* God has provided a way for us to not be defenseless. God has made His Helper, the Holy Spirit available. (John 14:16,18) Jesus called Him the Comforter (Greek – Parakletos – the One who is called to walk alongside). He is ready, willing, and able for everything that comes our way.
* This Helper comes with benefits (John 16:7) that enable us to do greater works than even Jesus did (John 14:12). Our enemy is no match against the person who has a relationship and is filled with the Holy Spirit.
* Powerful. More powerful. Exponentially powerful. Being filled with/baptized in the Holy Spirit) and daily praying in other tongues gives us the ability to:
**** Go to God’s Spirit gym for our human spirit (AKA develop our spirit muscles) – Jude 20
**** Keep the “keep on keeping on” strength in our spirit – 1 Corinthians 14:4
**** Put up the “No Trespassing” sign on our prayers – 1 Corinthians 14:2
**** Communicate with God about things that we can’t rap our brain around – 1 Corinthians 14:14
**** Stay on track on the good days or craziness-to-the-max days because of His intercession – Romans 8:27
**** Worship God and enjoy His presence with the help of the Helper – 1 Corinthians 14:15 and Acts 10:46
**** Receive supernatural memory recall and enablement – John 14:26
**** Pray “covert” prayers in the heat of battle with no one around us being the wiser – 1 Corinthians 14:17
I can’t think of anything more important and timely than following this admonition from the Holy Spirit. Preparing your child NOW to know the Holy Spirit and how to pray in the Spirit is SO CRITICALLY IMPORTANT. Children’s/Youth Pastor, I adjure you to put aside previously planned lessons and curriculums. This preparation has ETERNAL BENEFITS. Sunday school teachers and mid-week Bible club leaders, the WARFARE IS TOO INTENSE to not prepare those in your ministries.
I rarely publicly share my phone number. But, I feel so strongly about this matter that I want to make myself available to help you. You can reach me at 561.827.9325 and leave a message. I will return your call.
Please help me to spread this message. Forward the post to friends, family, and the leaders of your church. Those reading this post by clicking on a Facebook link, please repost this on your personal Facebook page. This message MUST be shared.