In a day where fake news permeates our world, I want to go on record with some accurate, indisputable, up-to-date information about the Holy Spirit. Contrary to what is propagated, there aren’t two different Holy Spirits. There isn’t …
- A day of Pentecost, 30 A.D. Holy Spirit who delivered heaven’s power and a different present-day Holy Spirit who evidently must have depleted His supernatural resources over the past 2,000 years.
- A day of Pentecost, 30 A.D. Holy Spirit who was very visible and audible and a different present-day Holy Spirit who is rarely seen and seldom heard.
- A day of Pentecost, 30 A.D. signs and wonders Holy Spirit and a different present-day Holy Spirit who is predictable and ordinary.
- A day of Pentecost, 30 A.D. joy bringing Holy Spirit and a different present-day Holy Spirit who produces a mundane, funeral-like Christian life.
- A day of Pentecost, 30 A.D. Comforter (Amplified Bible – Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby) for the Early Church and a different present-day y’all fend for yourself Holy Spirit.
- A day of Pentecost, 30 A.D. supernatural, gift-giving Holy Spirit and a different present-day gift-withholding Holy Spirit.
- A day of Pentecost, 30 A.D. Holy Spirit who made Book of Acts believers better than themselves and a present-day Holy Spirit who relies upon today’s believers getting self-help resources to address life’s struggles.
- A Holy Spirit for those in full-time ministry (a.k.a. pastors, missionaries, evangelists, etc.) and a different Holy Spirit for us “regular” folks.
- A full-strength Holy Spirit for adults and a different watered-down Holy Spirit for children and youth.
- A Sunday morning making-His-presence-known Holy Spirit and a different introverted, restrained Holy Spirit for Monday through Saturday.
Have you heard/read any of these present-day false reports about the Holy Spirit? I have found that this fake news isn’t limited to one particular denominational association or geographical location. It is rampant throughout today’s church.
I am sharing this blog post for two reasons. First, I want to debunk the fake news being propagated. This two different Holy Spirits mindset is producing devastating consequences. So, so many Jesus loving believers are being robbed of heaven’s power (Luke 24:49) which causes them to be ineffective in doing the greater works promised by Jesus (John 14:12).
The final reason is so that you might help me to tell the good news. Everything that we read about the Holy Spirit in God’s precious Word is still true today. Would you help me proclaim that the Holy Spirit who was poured out on the day of Pentecost hasn’t changed one iota? His purpose for being sent by the Father hasn’t been altered. He is still the needed One. (John 14:16; 16:7; Acts 1:8; 2:38-39).
“And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter
(Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby),
that He may remain with you forever —”
John 14:16 (Amplified Bible)