I know that you already know everything that I am about to share. But, please indulge me. Take just two short minutes to read an overview of Jesus’ life.
- He was a reflection of God the Father. John 14:9 “Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?”
- He spoke the Word. John 12:49 “For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.”
- He spoke with boldness and authority. Matthew 7:29 “For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.”
- He walked with the anointing of the Holy Spirit. Acts 10:38 “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.”
- He lived in the fullness of the Holy Spirit. Luke 4:1 “And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness.”
- He was led by the Holy Spirit. Luke 4:1 “And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness.”
- He often wasn’t welcomed by the status quo “religious”. Luke 20:19-20 “And the chief priests and the scribes the same hour sought to lay hands on him; and they feared the people: for they perceived that he had spoken this parable against them. And they watched him, and sent forth spies, which should feign themselves just men, that they might take hold of his words, that so they might deliver him unto the power and authority of the governor.”
- He taught and then demonstrated His power. Matthew 9:35 “And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.”
- He saw results (lives changed). Matthew 4:23 “And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.”
- He made disciples. Luke 5:11 “And when they had brought their ships to land, they forsook all, and followed him.”
You already knew each and every one of these truths, didn’t you. Then, with that being established, let me remind you of one more truth. What Jesus did in these scriptures, He is still doing today in and through people like you and me. Let me rephrase what I just wrote. If allowed, this is what He desires to do today in people like you and me. Oh, one more truth (I promise that this is the final truth.) You are the determiner as to whether or not these are repeated in your life. If you aren’t seeing Jesus in the now (AKA a today Jesus) through you, … oops, I promised that I would quit. Ask the Holy Spirit to complete the rest of that sentence. That’s enough to chew on for a few days.