Try as I may, I did my very best to get all of what I wanted to share into just two posts about my desperation to become more and more dependent on the Holy Spirit. To use a phrase that I used to say as a little boy, honest injun, it just wasn’t possible. But this is my resolve. No matter how long my list might be, no matter how much that I want to continue, with this post I promise, promise, promise to end my list of reasons why this increased dependency is so critically important.
11. This dependency supernaturally downloads and magnifies heaven’s love in and through me.
“…the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.” Romans 5:5
12. This divine connection with Holy Spirit stretches my impact zone.
“But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.” Acts 1:8
13. When feeling insecure, inferior, and overwhelmed in my mind (can you identify with this?), this intimacy causes the playing field to be leveled.
“And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.” Acts 15:28
14. Intimacy with the Holy Spirit removes all doubt concerning the path in which I should go or not go, things that I should say or not say.
“For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to…” Acts 15:28
15. Can I say that I’ve saved (one of) the best reasons for last? This deeper communion with the Holy Spirit continually makes me a better me!
“And the Spirit of the LORD will come upon thee, and thou shalt prophesy with them, and shalt be turned into another man.” 1 Samuel 10:6
Thank God for the Holy Spirit. In reading this far-from-exhaustive list, doesn’t it make you want to cry out to the Spirit of God telling Him that you want to know Him in a fresh, deeper way? I’ll stop typing now so that you can stop reading and commune with Him. That’s exactly what I am going to do.