I don’t know what it is about the early morning hours that causes me to hear things from the Holy Spirit. For example, just a couple of mornings ago at a little past 4 AM, I heard in my spirit the question, “Are we raising up Mark 16 kids?”. Needless to say, for the next bit of time, I pondered that question.
Here’s the portion of the scripture that the Holy Spirit was referencing.
“And these signs will accompany those who believe:
in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues;
they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison,
it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick and they will recover.”
Mark 16:17-18 (English Standard Version)
Here is what the Holy Spirit told me … for far too long, we’ve relegated this work of the Holy Spirit to just the adult believers. And, boy was He right on target. We have, haven’t we! The Holy Spirit reminded me that these signs are for BELIEVERS … and there is no age restriction mentioned or implied.
Through this passage, the Holy Spirit instructed me to teach to prepare our children for what the Holy Spirit has prepared for them. We need to teach:
1. The signs WILL follow those who believe.
2. Why haven’t these signs been happening? Because believers have had their “believer” turned off. We need to know that it WILL happen IF we have our “believer” turned on. In other words, let’s EXPECT God’s power to show up!
3. We can be so full of God’s Spirit that the devil’s imps won’t be able to stand being around us. God’s presence will cause them to flee.
4. We can speak in a language from heaven to God that will cause great things to happen and will confuse the devil.
5. When we come into contact with things that can hurt us, we can expect God’s power to rise up within us and protect us.
6. We are constantly exposed to things that are designed to destroy us, including some television programs, movies, possibly some things taught in our school classrooms, etc. First of all, we are smart enough to avoid deadly things. But, when something unexpectedly comes our way, the Spirit of God will be a spiritual “anti-poision-defuser”. The Word of God that we have studied and memorized will rise up within us and repel that poison.
7. Our hands can and are expected to be God’s hands as we lay hands upon those that are sick.
Do you have believers in your Sunday school, children’s church, mid-week Bible clubs, or student ministries? Let’s equip them to do the work of believers. Soon, you will have testimonies describing God’s miracle working power that will equal those found in the Book of the Spirit-Filled Believers (a.k.a. the Book of Acts)!