When Vickie and I left being the Children’s Pastors of an incredible church in South Florida, we stepped into a new assignment, one that is to work together with the Holy Spirit for this generation. Many of you know that as traveling evangelists, we now have the privilege of ministering across the country in our Holy Spirit Rallies and seeing many baptized in the Holy Spirit. The second part of our assignment is to write blogs and articles about the Person and work of the Holy Spirit. The third part of our assignment is lesser-known and yet so important. Through our Ignite & Unite Conferences, we are training, equipping, and empowering children and youth ministry leaders and volunteers to know and flow with the Holy Spirit.
Why are these conferences so important? I don’t need to…
- Expound on what our children and youth are experiencing in today’s education system. And, it isn’t getting any better.
- Describe what our children and youth are seeing and hearing in television, movies, and music. I’d be embarrassed to give details.
- Write paragraphs about today’s peer pressure causing children to lose childhood innocence far too early.
- Report the condition of the homes of the children and youth of your ministry. A better word would be houses instead of homes. There is a humongous difference, isn’t there.
The children and youth in our ministries are daily combatting principalities, powers, rulers of the darkness of this world, and spiritual wickedness in high places. (Ephesians 6:12) If there has ever been a time for Sunday school, children’s churches, mid-week Bible clubs, and youth ministries to be Spirit-filled, Spirit-equipped, Spirit-led, and Spirit-empowered, it is today. We desperately need leaders and workers who can echo Paul’s declaration of ministering with the enablement of the Spirit and power. (1 Corinthians 2:4).
I know this to be a fact. Often, those working in these ministries haven’t been trained to work with the Holy Spirit. And, without this teaching and experiencing God’s power, they will continue to do what they have always done and see the limited results they have always seen.
Can I make this suggestion? Prayerfully consider hosting a 3-hour, Saturday morning Ignite & Unite Conference for those in your church and perhaps the neighboring churches. Here is what will be taught:
- The Dangers of the Status Quo
- The Holy Spirit on Assignment
- The 10 Commandments of the Supernatural
- Flowing with the Spirit
At the end of our morning, there is a commissioning time where personal ministry is provided for all who have attended the conference. I believe that through the laying on of hands, there is an impartation that radically impacts lives. (2 Timothy 1:6).
Are you ready for a fresh outpouring of God’s Spirit on those who minister to your children and youth? Do you have questions? I am an email away. Contact me at [email protected].