I want to depart from my usual type of blog post and do something that I have never done in the 13+ years of writing this blog. Are you ready? In this blog post, I want to give a test. Now, please don’t quit reading. Don’t worry because no one but you will know the results of the test. Simply read the following statements and then, for each statement that you know to be true, place a checkmark in the space provided to the left of the statement.
- ___ Children can be born again and have an intimate relationship with God. ___
- ___ Children can know God’s Word. ___
- ___ Children can be taught to hear and recognize the voice of God. ___
- ___ Children can provide supernatural insight and direction. ___
- ___ Children can be God’s mouthpiece. ___
- ___ Children can be fervent Jesus’ worshippers. ___
- ___ Children can know that angels are assigned to them. ___
- ___ Children can be filled with God’s Spirit. ___
- ___ Children can flow in the gifts of the Spirit. ___
- ___ Children can receive generational blessings. ___
- ___ Children can experience God’s supernatural power. ___
- ___ Children can boldly conquer challenges feared by adults. ___
- ___ Children can be world changers. ___
- ___ Children can grow in supernatural favor with God and man. ___
If I know you like I think that I do, you have checked each and every statement, right? To remove any questions about these statements, let me validate them from the scriptures. Note: Some of the following scriptures show these realities demonstrated in the lives of children. In other scriptures, you will find the words “whosoever”, “them that believe”, “ye”, “seed”, “every man”, and “people” which, after thorough research, I have found that children fit into these categories.
- Matthew 9:14, Romans 10:13
- 2 Timothy 3:15
- 1 Samuel 3:9-11
- 2 Kings 5:2-5
- Jeremiah 1:7
- Matthew 21:15-16
- Matthew 18:10
- Isaiah 44:3, Joel 2:28-29, Acts 2:17-18,38-39
- 1 Corinthians 12:11
- 2 Timothy 1:5
- Mark 16:17-18, Acts 1:8
- 1 Samuel 17:32-37
- Daniel 11:32
- 1 Samuel 2:26
Wait. You’re not quite through with the test. There is one more thing to do. (This is the real reason for the blog post and test.) Did you notice a ___ to the right of each statement? Read through the statements again and place a checkmark in the space provided to the right of the statement if you as a parent, grandparent, Sunday school teacher, or children’s ministry leader/worker are praying for, teaching, and making it possible to see each of these realities manifested in your children’s lives.
The test is now complete. How did you do? Did you place a checkmark in each of the spaces? If not, now is the perfect time to make the necessary changes. Let’s ensure that each and every child will have the opportunity to have a born-again, Jesus-knowing, Holy Spirit-overflowing, Word-loving, Satan’s-plans-annihilating, world-changing relationship with God.
P.S. Please forward this test to your family members, friends, and children’s ministry co-workers.